Dear Campus Community,
This is a very important announcement regarding immediate changes in COVID-19 protocols on campus. Due to rising COVID cases, the Clark County Commission has issued a directive that as of midnight tonight all employees of both private and public institutions will be required to wear a face covering indoors in public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. NSHE Chancellor Melody Rose has issued a memorandum to all NSHE employees regarding the directive.
Nevada State College will implement the directive as follows:
- Face coverings are required for all employees, including student employees, when indoors.
- Face coverings are not required outside or when alone in your office.
- Other students and members of the public are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings indoors.
- All building signage will reflect the new directive as of tomorrow.
- The current mandate does not require social distancing.
The Clark County Commission will re-evaluate the mandate on August 17, 2021. We thank you for following this directive and encourage you to remain committed to staying safe and saving lives. Please continue to exercise caution and good judgement to limit the further spread of COVID-19.
Recent statistics indicate that less than 50% of eligible people are vaccinated in Southern Nevada. Let’s be the solution by getting vaccinated and encouraging others to do the same. Visit https://covid.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/vaccine/distribution/ to schedule a vaccination appointment.
If you suspect or are confirmed to have COVID-19, complete the Self-Report Form at nsc.edu/coronavirus. Resources are also available in the State Safe app. We will continue to share information specific to Nevada State through official channels, including nsc.edu/coronavirus.
Be State Safe!
Vickie Shields, Ph.D.