Trio Student Support Services
We are here to help our students get from orientation to graduation & alleviate the rigors of higher education.
Student Support Services
Student Support Services provides students with the necessary tools to adjust to the demands of a college environment. TRIO SSS is funded by the Department of Education to help students who are low-income, first-generation, and/or have a disability. It is a holistic program to help you reach graduation.
Who Is Eligible?
In accordance with federal regulations, a student must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for program services:
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Nevada State as an undergraduate student
- First-generation college students, meaning neither parent has a four-year college degree
- Low-income college students as outlined by the Department of Education criteria
- Students with a documented disability
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
Services We Provide
- Academic Advising
- Skill- building workshops
- Career and professional development
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Assistance
- Grant- Aid (exclusive scholarship for TRIO SSS participants)
- Advocacy and support by staff
- Social and Cultural Events
- Free printing
- Book loan library (Free textbook rental)
- Grant in Aid
Interested in joining TRIO SSS? Let us know!
Lakiasha Hollingsworth, Director
Ivana Hernandez, Advisor