Connect with Advising
In This Section
- Advising Appointments
- Connect with Advising
- Degree Planning
- English Self-Placement
- Forms & Petitions
- Guided Math Placement
- Liberal Arts Majors at Nevada State
- Pre-Education Advising
- Pre-Education at NSC
- Pre-Professional Nursing at Nevada State
- Pre-Speech Pathology at Nevada State
- Scorpion Scheduler
- Scorpion Success Network (Advisor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Instructor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Student Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Training, Workshops & Announcements)
- Self-Placement (English or Math)
- STEM and Pre-Nursing Advising
- Student Absence Notification System
- Your Major and Advising
Schedule an Appointment
You may schedule an appointment via phone or online.
To schedule an appointment via phone, please contact our front desk (702)992-2160.
To schedule an appointment online:
1. Login here
2. Choose your advisor and click “Schedule Appointment”
3. Select a reason. For advising, choose the appropriate reason 4. For a phone or zoom appointment, use the location menu to choose
The Scorpion Success Network is an online Enterprise Success Platform™ powered by Hobsons. The cloud-based software solution is designed to aid faculty and staff in supporting students throughout their educational journey, by empowering students with information and providing options to improve their likelihood of success.
Why See an Advisor
The Academic Advising Center strives to support students navigate the college so they can reach their academic goals. Here are a few reasons why you might want to make an appointment to see an academic advisor.
- Need help understanding requirements to finish your degree
- Remove holds including Advising, Remedial Math, Probation, and Suspension holds.
- Explanation of NSC academic policies and regulations
- Apply for NSHE Foster Youth Fee Waiver Program and continuing eligibility
- Have questions about majors and minors
- Assistance with registration
- Help in the creation of an academic plan towards graduation
- Have academic difficulties
- Want to prepare for the application process to nursing, teaching, speech pathology, or interdisciplinary studies
- Need help reading your Academic Requirements (Degree Audit)
- Feel confused, overwhelmed, or generally are unsure about what you should be doing
- Help setting goals and creating action plans
FERPA and Email Communication
Effective August 24th, 2020, the Academic Advising Center will only correspond with students via their official NSC email address.
Per institutional policy, and the regulations set by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), your Academic Advisor will not be able to respond to email inquiries or provide educational information to students via any personal email addresses.