Career Services Center
Career Services Center
About Career Services
- Career development is a journey; it is a life-long process that doesn’t end at graduation.
- Career advising and support is a reciprocal relationship; students get out what they put in.
- Through utilizing our services, students will gain a better understanding of their professional skills, interests and available career pathways, thus feeling more knowledgeable about their options and more confident in their career decisions and overall career journey.
- All students and alumnx, regardless of immigration status, racial/ethnic identity, gender identity, etc. deserve access to equitable resources and support through our office.
- Any student who graduates from Nevada State has access to our career support and advising for life.
- Hands-on learning and professional workforce experiences reinforce the academic and professional development process by providing opportunities for direct application of skills, theories and models learned in the classroom.
- Career development is a collaborative effort with other campus stakeholders in order to effectively support and reinforce career competencies (NACE) both in and out of the classroom to create career-ready graduates.
- Fostering positive relationships with local employers and community leaders provides meaningful professional experiences and connections for students while also creating a pipeline of qualified candidates for the Southern Nevada workforce.
- Students who utilize our services and apply the tools and knowledge gained from career advising to their own journey can expect to be successful in the workforce upon graduation by securing gainful employment within 6 months of their graduation date.
We aim to provide our employer partners with the right tools to identify, discuss, and challenge racist beliefs, practices, and norms that may be present in their workplace cultures and educate on the workforce needs of the new majority so that they may become employers of choice for our Nevada State students and graduates.
Assistant Director of Career Services & Employer Relations – Kyah King, M.Ed., M.S.
Coordinator for Employer Relations & Experiential Learning – Lauren Avecilla, MPE
Career Advisor – LeLycia Henderson – Ray, M.S.
Career Advisor – Steph Chen, M.Ed.
Administrative Assistant – Eddie Ramos
Career Ambassador (Student) – Jose Castillo
Career Ambassador (Student) – Keith Elice Wells
Career Ambassador (Student) – Natalie Zboinska
Career Services TD.US Fellow (Student) – Carlos Fernandez Cruz
Roger’s Student Center Suite 128
1300 Nevada State Drive
Henderson, NV 89002
Monday‐Friday, 9am ‐ 5 PM