The Nepantla Program is a competitive four-year commitment dedicated to empowering first-generation college students through mentorship, academic skills, access to resources, community building, and professional success through self-discovery.
Nepantla Peer Educators
First-Year Experience (FYE)
Priority Deadline: March 18, 2024
The Nepantla Program at Nevada State University is dedicated to providing opportunities and support to students who are first-generation college students. Our program is designed to academically prepare and empower students to succeed in their higher education journey. This upcoming summer, in addition to living on campus as part of an all-NEW living-learning community, our programming will focus on the identities and histories of Latine people.
Our Principles of Self-Exploration and Empowerment
How to Apply to Nepantla?
- Identify as a first-generation, first-year student planning to attend and graduate from Nevada State.
- Apply and be admitted to Nevada State University. Click here to apply to NS.
- Visit our website and fill out Nepantla’s free Application, found above.
- Fill out the FAFSA or Non-Federal Aid Forms for this current school year and the upcoming school year.
- Wait for your application to be reviewed and prepare for a potential interview in early Spring.
*Parents or guardians have not acquired a Bachelor’s degree in the U.S.
June 22 – August 4, 2024
Fall 2023 Newsletter
Click to view
Spring 2024 Application Workshop
NEPANTLA is made possible through funding by The Rogers Foundation.