Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources List
Please also review our frequently updated Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources List.
Applying to NSC as a first time student
Information on requirements and how to apply to NSC- somewhere include information that you DO NOT have to have a social security number to apply
Non-Federal Aid Form
Institutional financial aid application for students that are not a S. Citizen or are a non-citizen and will not complete FAFSA.
Dress for Success
All NSC students and employees are eligible to receive one week’s worth of business attire! Dress for Success offers free feminine and androgynous business attire, nursing scrubs, baby care products, career guidance, and more. Click the link below and fill in the information for the referral.
Make the Road Nevada
Non-Profit Community Organization that fundraises for DACA renewals and provides resources to the immigrant community.
Dream Big Nevada
Covid-19 and community resources. Help with DACA renewals and provides resources to the immigrant community.
Resource Guide for Immigrants by Nevada Senator Cortez Masto
This page provides resource guides for Nevada residents, including a guide for immigrants. Available in English and Spanish, must be downloaded in Adobe PDF format.
Gender & Sexuality Resources
Nevada State College Gender Equity Toolkit
This toolkit serves to prepare students and employees at Nevada State College to practice gender equity in their sphere of influence on campus. The toolkit is broken down into three parts: State Law & Compliance, Campus-wide Policies & Procedures, and Knowledge in Action. We encourage you to use this toolkit as a guide for navigating spaces impacted by gender on our campus. Resource developed by Meaghan Lynch (2022).
Nevada Health Centers
- Description: Offers low-cost services on a sliding fee scale based on federal poverty levels for those without insurance. There are multiple health centers located in Nothern and Southern Nevada. For more information about Nevada Health Centers, please call 800.787.2568 or find a health center near you.
- Link: https://www.nevadahealthcenters.org/
Southern Nevada Health District
We’re working to keep Southern Nevada healthy!
Free Clinic Directory
Free Clinic Directory is committed to helping you find free and affordable clinics in your area.
Huntridge Family Clinic
- Description: The clinic services the LGBTQ community, and also offers support to undocumented folks on a sliding fee scale.
- Link: https://www.huntridgefamilyclinic.org/
Hope Christian Health Center
- Description: This health center is open to undocumented folks on a sliding fee scale. You must call first.
- Link: https://hopehealthvegas.org/
Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada
- Description: This non-profit health organization provides free primary health care and wellness services to low-income, uninsured individuals.
- Link: http://www.vmsn.org/about-us/
UNLV School of Medicine
Offers comprehensive outpatient services for the community. Will be conducting free testing for COVID-19 starting March 24th until tests run out. By Appointment Only. Must be exhibiting symptoms and/or meet CDC guidelines for testing. Call (702) 583-4408 for appointments.
Planned Parenthood of Southern Nevada
- Description: One person per visit (only the person who is seeking care, all other folks joining, must wait in the car). Only immediate needs are being considered, such as STI screenings, cancer screenings and possible emergency referrals, but no “wellness checks”.
- Locations: 3220 W. Charleston Blvd; 3300 E. Flamingo #35
- Phone: 1-800-230-7526
- Link: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-rocky-mountains
Income And Career Options For DACA/Undocumented Students
Income & Career Options for DACA/Undocumented Students
- Description: Video Recording by TheDream.US
- Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6ycbZIEmY&feature=youtu.be
Alternative Income & Career Options for DACA/Undocumented Students.
- Description: Powerpoint Presentation by TheDream.US
- Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qZU_SkZsgffrgprQ404Uo-xprYHbaAnW/view
Part#1: Understanding What It Means to Work for Yourself
- Description: Everyone, regardless of immigration status, can make money by building their own businesses and working for themselves. We’re here to show you how to generate income through entrepreneurship and freelancing. See below for tools to help you get your #UndocuHustle on!
- Link: Recording: https://youtu.be/7pfB5WrTwEE
Slides: shorturl.at/uwDFQ (with links to resources)
- In Spanish: Aprende Como Generar Ingresos y Ser Un Emprendedor
- Grabación: https://youtu.be/71YV36Iu6o8
- Presentación en PowerPoint: shorturl.at/evNW8 (con links a recursos)
Part #2: Developing an Entrepreneurship Mindset
- Description: Learn how to get started with entrepreneurship. The webinar will provide a hands-on approach to turn your specific skills, experience and knowledge into opportunities to generate income.
- Link: Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F98rw7N9PkU
Slides: shorturl.at/atMQ1 (with links to resources)
- In Spanish: Desarrollando Una Mentalidad Emprendedora
- Picture / Logo (if possible):
UNLV Immigration Law Clinic
- Description: The UNLV Immigration Clinic offers FREE consultations and legal services to UNLV and CSN students, staff, and their families. Make an appointment with our attorney or call our office at (702) 895-2080 for more information. Appointments are now available at both UNLV and CSN campuses.
- Link: https://law.unlv.edu/clinics/immigration
National Immigration Law Center
Legal advocacy and resources, everyone in the U.S. has certain basic rights under the U.S. Constitution.
Legal Aid of Southern Nevada
Legal Aid of Southern Nevada continues to operate normal business hours. To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 (coronavirus), Legal Aid Center will assist all clients via phone at (702) 386-1070 or email at email@example.com.
- Link: https://www.lacsn.org/
Immigration Center for Women & Children
Provides free and low-cost legal immigration assistance. For assistance, call (702) 430-7981.
Nevada Legal Services
Scholarships For DACA/Undocumented Students
- DACA/Undocumented Scholarships can be found here: https://nsc.edu/cedi/scholarships/#daca
Share Las Vegas is an award-winning 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing affordable housing, collaborative medical and mental health services, employment referrals and placements, and a full service community food pantry/nutrition program.
Phone: (702) 384-0294
Address: 2100 Sunrise Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101
The Veteran’s Transition Resource Center provides military veteran’s, guard & reserves and their families services through collaborative community partners and local government agencies.
Phone: (702) 954-6300
Address: 2955 Sunset Rd #101, Las Vegas, NV 89120
Offers confidential help for Veterans, service members, and their families at no cost in a non-medical setting. Services include counseling for needs such as depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the psychological effects of military sexual trauma (MST).
Phone: (702) 791-9100
Address: 400 N. Stephanie St. #180, Henderson, NV 89014
The United State Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides life-long healthcare services to eligible military veterans. Non-healthcare benefits include disability compensation, vocational rehabilitation, education assistance, home loans, and life insurance.
Phone: (702) 791-9024
Address: 6900 N. Pecos Rd., North Las Vegas, NV 89086
VA Southern Nevada health care teams are deeply experienced and guided by the needs of Veterans, their families, and caregivers. Find a facility near you and manage your health online (refill/track your prescription, set appointments, order hearing aid batteries, and more).
Phone: (702) 791-9030
Address: 1020 South Boulder Highway, Henderson, NV 89015