Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a Nevada State sponsored program. The EAP is managed by ComPsych.
Services provided by the EAP are confidential. Employees are able to get assistance to address personal everyday challenges and obtain resources and information needed to support positive change and improve overall well-being.
Your ComPsych Guidance Resources program offers someone to talk to and resources to consult whenever and wherever you need them.
Who Can Use EAP Services?
Services are available to employees and their eligible dependents. Eligible individuals may receive up to three free sessions, per issue, per year. The following dependents of Nevada State are eligible for EAP services:
• Spouse or Domestic Partner
• Minor children (under 18 years of age)
• Adult children (up to 26 years old) in enrolled as a full-time student
• Adult children who are permanently disabled
• Step-children (minors under 18 and adults up to 26)
• Parents who are dependent on the employee financially and living in the household (65 years of age or older)
For extended counseling or treatment, ComPsych EAP counselors have knowledge of NSC’s health insurance packages and related personnel policies. The EAP counselor will make referrals to the appropriate insurance plan provider. The cost for extended treatment will be subject to the terms of your health insurance program.
What is Covered by the EAP?
EAP services can cover a number of issues that employees and their dependents experience including:
Emotional support for issues such as:
- Anxiety, depression, stress
- Grief, loss, and life adjustments
- Relationship / marital conflict
Qualified referrals and resources for:
- Finding child and elder care
- Hiring movers or home repair contractors
- Planning events and locating pet care
Legal Guidance and resources for:
- Family Law
- Wills, trusts, and more
Financial experts who can assist with:
- Retirement planning, taxes
- Relocation, mortgages, insurance
- Budgeting, debt, and bankruptcy
Online information tools and support:
- Podcasts, articles, videos, slideshows
- On-demand trainings
- “Ask the Expert” service where employees receive personal answers to questions
Make an Appointment
For more information or to arrange for a private and confidential appointment with a professional EAP counselor, you and your dependents can access the services by contacting ComPsych:
Call: (833) 475-1008
TTY: (800) 697-0353
The toll-free number give you direct, 24/7 access to a consultant who will answer your questions, and, if needed, refer you to a counselor or other resources.
Organization Web ID: NSCEAP