In This Section
- Advising Appointments
- Connect with Advising
- Degree Planning
- English Self-Placement
- Forms & Petitions
- Guided Math Placement
- Liberal Arts Majors at Nevada State
- Pre-Education Advising
- Pre-Education at NSC
- Pre-Professional Nursing at Nevada State
- Pre-Speech Pathology at Nevada State
- Scorpion Scheduler
- Scorpion Success Network (Advisor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Instructor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Student Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Training, Workshops & Announcements)
- Self-Placement (English or Math)
- STEM and Pre-Nursing Advising
- Student Absence Notification System
- Your Major and Advising
Find out how to enroll in classes using the steps below. Before you enroll, check:
- The Academic Calendar for deadlines
- Holds that may prevent enrollment
- That prerequisites/co-requisites are met
Before classes begin: On your assigned enrollment day, enroll in classes any time on or after your appointment.
- Go to myNSC
- Choose your institution and registration term
- Enroll in classes you want to take
Wait list any full classes
- If you can’t get into a class you want, myNSC lets you either enroll in another section of the same class or wait list it.
- See waitlist tips.
- For additional information regarding wait listing, please click here.
View your class confirmation(s)
- On myNSC, you’ll see a confirmation after each class you enroll in, including any that you wait listed.
Students often must complete required steps prior to registration for any subsequent semester. These requirements are enforced through a Registration Hold placed onto your student account. Each hold briefly explains what is required prior to registration. The follow are common holds managed through your Academic Advisor:
- Advising Hold – Regular interactions with an Academic Advisor has proven to increase graduation rates and satisfaction with a students’ college experience. Because of this, NSC requires all students who have earned less than 90 credits, and/or all Pre-Education and Pre-Speech Pathology students meet with an Advisor prior to registration each semester. Please plan to meet with your Advisor after March 1st/October 1st each semester prior to registration.
- Academic Standing Hold – If a student fails to maintain minimum academic GPA requirements, they may be placed on Warning, Probation, Suspension or be dismissed from NSC. In the event a student has been placed on Probation or Suspension, the student will be required to meet with an advisor prior to registration for their next semester. The student must subsequently meet with an advisor each semester until they return to Good Academic Standing.
- Remedial Math Hold – All degree-seeking students who place into developmental/remedial course work must complete the required remediation prior to completion of 30 college-level credits. If a student fails to complete Math 120/126 prior to the completion of 30 college level-credits, a Remedial Math hold will be placed on their account. The student may petition a 15-credit extension with their Academic Advisor if they wish to continue to register for classes.
- New Student Orientation/First-Year Hold(s) – As a first-year student at Nevada State College, all incoming freshman are required to attend New Student Orientation. At Orientation, you will be given a block schedule of courses for your first semester. If you wish to make any changes to your schedule after orientation, you will be required to meet with an Academic Advisor.
To remove any of these holds you must schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor. To schedule this appointment, contact our office.