Student Absence Notification System
In This Section
- Advising Appointments
- Connect with Advising
- Degree Planning
- English Self-Placement
- Forms & Petitions
- Guided Math Placement
- Liberal Arts Majors at Nevada State
- Pre-Education Advising
- Pre-Education at NSC
- Pre-Professional Nursing at Nevada State
- Pre-Speech Pathology at Nevada State
- Scorpion Scheduler
- Scorpion Success Network (Advisor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Instructor Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Student Role)
- Scorpion Success Network (Training, Workshops & Announcements)
- Self-Placement (English or Math)
- STEM and Pre-Nursing Advising
- Student Absence Notification System
- Your Major and Advising
What is SANS?
How Do I Submit The Sans Form?
Do I Have To Use SANS?
Maybe. With the exception of a student pregnancy, SANS notifications are a courtesy and do not excuse the absence or missed work. Students who miss class or homework are protected under Title IX of the Federal Civil Rights Law. However, SANS is really designed to help alleviate additional work for faculty and create a more consistent vetting process for these types of situations. Additionally, It provides faculty with the ability to allow for alternative arrangements in a more fair and consistent manner, reduce student complaints, and be more in line with the best interest of student success.