DOD Tuition Assistance
In This Section
DOD Tuition Assistance
To get started with using your Military Tuition Assistance benefits, please read and complete the steps listed on the Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance Benefits Checklist listed below.
To avoid delays on your DOD Tuition Assistance authorization, please follow the steps below and submit all required documents.
- You must speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO), military counselor, or Service prior to enrolling at Nevada State University.
- Submit an approved educational plan to: email@example.com
Step 1: Apply and Complete The Following
Step 2: Take Math and English Placement Tests, if applicable
Complete this step if you have not taken any Math and/or English class for college credits
For information about placement testing, click here.
Note: SAT and ACT scores may be submitted in lieu of placement testing.
Step 3: Submit ALL official transcripts from colleges/universities attended, including military transcripts
Submit ALL official transcripts from colleges/universities attended, including military transcripts to any of the following methods listed below.
Note: Official transcripts must be sealed and un-opened.
- Nevada State University
Admissions & Recruitment
1300 Nevada State Drive
Henderson, NV 89002
REQUEST MILITARY TRANSCRIPTS
Step 4: Schedule an appointment with an Acedemic Advisor
- You must speak with your ESO, military counselor, or Service prior to enrolling to ensure that your program of study is approved for tuition assistance.
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
- Submit an ESO, military counselor, or Service approved educational plan to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Failure to submit an approved educational plan may result in a registration hold for the following semester
Step 5: Register for classes online through MyNS
Visit our registration page for more information.
Step 6: Submit your DODTA authorization
Some branches require it and some do not. If you do indeed need to verify Cost Verification form BEFORE you can get your DODTA authorization, please follow these steps:
- Send an email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Statement of charges”. In the body of the messages include your name, student ID, and the term or classes for which you need the cost verification.
- Watch for an email in your NSC account from the NSC Third Party Billing Department. This will include a statement of charges with a breakdown for each class and it is generally sent within 3 business days after your request.