The Scorpion Path: Admitted
In This Section
- About the Provost
- Common Read Program
- Core Curriculum
- Current Success Initiatives
- Embedded Peer Support
- Fulfilling Our Promise
- Institutional Assessment
- MGM Opportunity Grant at Nevada State College
- NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements)
- Online Learning
- Out-of-State Online Learning
- Peer Support Training
- Professional Licensure – BA/BS in Education
- Promotion and Tenure
- Provost Newsletters
- Quality Assurance
- Strategic Planning
- Student Success at Nevada State
- Student Success Programs
- The PEER Project
- The Scorpion Path
- The Scorpion Path: Admitted
- The Scorpion Path: Applied
- The Scorpion Path: First Year
- The Scorpion Path: Fourth Year to Graduation
- The Scorpion Path: Orientation
- The Scorpion Path: Second Year
- The Scorpion Path: Third Year
- The Scorpion Path: Transfer Students
- WICHE Passport
- Your Student Success Team
Maximize enrollment of applicants in target populations and enhance their preparation and enthusiasm for the college experience.
All admitted students, with a particular focus on
- Students at all levels of achievement and prior preparation
- Historically under-represented students
- Non-nursing majors (especially prospective education students)
Collect Evidence & Routinely Assess
- Improve our evidence-based understanding of how we can create a more streamlined application and admissions process for students.
- Increase sense of belonging to the college and enthusiasm for the institutional experience that we offer.
Streamline Path to Orientation
- Adapt communication plan to ensure that it increases understanding of and adherence to the next steps in the admissions process, including the pathway to student orientation.
Optimize Math/English Placement
- Provide a pathway to most advantageous gateway math and English placement, and eventual success.
Increase Pursuit of Financial Support
- Continue to improve knowledge of financial support options while ensure that students take timely steps needed to receive support.